Last update: January 1, 2016
We at Force 5, Inc.("Force 5") are constantly striving to provide excellent service to you, our customers and business partners, while building a long-lasting relationship with you. To achieve these goals, we occasionally need information about you when you visit our site.
This policy covers how Force 5 collects, uses and protects the information it gathers through your use of the Force 5 web sites and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Force 5 may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions. Force 5 also may use third party sources, such as opt-in lists.
No matter how Force 5 comes to have your information, we want you to know that it respects the privacy of your information and that you should be aware of how we handle it.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Force 5 does not:
- Sell the names and addresses of our customers and/or site users to outside vendors.
Force 5 does:
- Safeguard customers' information from unauthorized access.
- Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide the most helpful and targeted products and services to meet customers' needs (e.g. customer care or new products or services).
- Honor customers' requests to remove their names from our telephone or mail solicitation lists in a timely manner. Just Contact Us.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information when undertaking projects with other companies.
Information Gathered and Tracked by Force 5
Organizational and Personal Information You Knowingly Give Us.
Within our web sites, you may be asked to give us personal or organizational information in order to purchase or receive information about a product or service. We may collect this information through different methods, including:
- Registration Forms. We encourage all visitors to register with Force 5, although registration is not required, except for access to our premium content areas. The registration forms require users to give us accurate contact information (like name and email address) and references that help us better serve you. Your name and email address may be used to send you information about our company, product updates, special offers, and newsletters. To opt out of receiving communications from Force 5, please Contact Us.
- Order Forms and Enrollment Forms. Our order forms securely collect visitor’s contact information and financial information (like your credit card number and other billing information). Contact information on the order form is used for order fulfillment and may be shared with our Partners or Resellers if that is necessary to fulfill your request. The information that we require in our order form is only used to process your order quickly and accurately. Your contact information will only be used to send you the product that you purchase and your billing information will only be used to bill you for that product. During the purchasing process, you may be given the opportunity to sign up for future e-mailings regarding our products, services, and promotions. If you sign up, we will share your contact information with other Force 5 partner companies only, not with other outside companies.
You may also be given the option of registering a profile with us which would store your name, purchase history, and billing information to make it easier for you to shop and purchase products/services from us in the future. You may opt out of this feature at any time by changing/canceling your profile online.
Force 5 may collect other information, including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information and when this information is collected in forms on our web site, it is collected and/or transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Transactional information, including information about the products and services you purchase or download or about which you make an inquiry.
- User preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, community choices and other information you select in the customer profile when registering on Force 5’s web site or indicated by your use of the Force 5 web sites.
- Financial/credit card and payment information.
- Event and conference participation information, such as lectures, classes or booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or attended by Force 5. If we use electronic tracking technologies at an event, we will provide notice in the event registration materials and/or correspondence.
We may also supplement information you provide with information received from third parties.
Information Gathered through Electronic Protocols.
Statistics and Information Collected as You Browse Our Web Sites
As you browse our web sites, Force 5's web servers collect information about your visit, not about you personally. Via web server logs, we monitor statistics such as:
- How many people visit our web sites.
- Which pages people visit on our web sites.
- From which domains our visitors come (e.g., "yahoo.com" or "aol.com").
- Which browsers people use to visit our Web sites.
While we gather this information, none of it is associated with you as an individual. We use these statistics to improve our web sites, to monitor their performance, and to make it easier for you and other visitors to use.
Our web sites also log Host Names (or IP addresses when the Host Name is not available) for systems administration and security purposes. These logs are monitored and analyzed to maintain systems and information security and allow us to constantly improve the value and the availability of the Web content.
A cookie is a small, encrypted data string our server writes to your hard drive that contains your unique User ID. Cookies on the web sites may collect a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information and membership information. Force 5's server will query your browser to see if there are "cookies" previously set by the Force 5 web sites.
A cookie cannot be used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. While we do not offer an opt-out for cookies, browsers provide you information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion and might be required to complete certain functions on our web sites.
We also use flash cookies, also known as "local shared objects," on our sites that employ Flash technology. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the site's settings to personalize the look and feel of the site. Like normal cookies, Flash cookies are represented as small files on your computer.
We also uses a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the site without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but is not associated with personal information and is not used beyond the session.
On our web site, we may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to the Force 5 web sites as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient's email address.
Third Party Cookies
Force 5 has engaged one or more third party service providers to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from visitors to the web site. The service provider(s) set cookies on behalf of Force 5.
How Force 5 Uses and Shares This Information
The information you submit may be used or shared with third parties for any of the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. We may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
- To process transactions. We may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Force 5 may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. We may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
- To tailor marketing to your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, to respond directly to your requests for information, or pass your contact information to the appropriate Force 5 distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
- To post Testimonials. We post testimonials on our web site which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Force 5 or one of our partners. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to an event for which you have registered. We may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company.
- To comply with legal requirements. Force 5 may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. We will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for these purposes.
The security of your personal information is very important to Force 5. We have in place physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. In addition, Force 5 uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When you enter sensitive information such as your credit card number on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your personal information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, we will notify you of the breach by email, fax, or U.S. mail. We will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Force 5 to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Opt-out Policy and Procedure
Our web sites provide users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us (and our partners) at the point where we request information about the visitor. Visitors can unsubscribe to the various communication offerings at any time. Please note that opting-out of all communications will suppress every piece of electronic information from IVI. Additionally, visitors who wish to remove their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service can Contact Us.
Some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications related to product download, sales transactions, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes, quality assurance surveys, conferences or events for which you have registered, and disclosures to comply with legal requirements, as well as communications with partners, including product alerts, updates, marketing and sales materials and other notices related to partner status.
If you have any privacy concerns or would like to correct and/or update your information, please Contact Us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
Changes to Policy